Author Topic: Bill Ward out of the Sabbath reunion?  (Read 16493 times)

artcinco

• Global Moderator
  • #word
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Ward out of the Sabbath reunion?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »

This is so ridiculous and petty. Didn't Sharon and Ozzy try and use the argument that the Sabbath name was owned 25% each by the founders in their lawsuit against Tony?

Don't Sharon/Ozzy, Tony and Geezer all have enough money that there is no need to treat Bill like a session man? Can't they split it all four ways instead of turning Bill into Vinnie Appice 2.0 who was a hired hand in Heaven and Hell?

Bill should stand firm.

TAP

• Administrator
  • #arrmo4.0
    • View Profile
    • New ARRMO website
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
For fuck sake, how ridiculous.

sabbatology

• Praise Geezer !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
In other news, Jack (Wolfgang) Osbourne recently completed drumming lessons...

artcinco

• Global Moderator
  • #word
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

Nice.

sabbatology

• Praise Geezer !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Apparently they won't add his Vegan claus.

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »
Oh shut the fuck up Bill and be happy with whatever they give you. For fucksakes are you kidding me? This guy has been nothing but a pain the ass for the past thirty years. 1979 walks out of recording sessions, 1980 quits the tour, 1983 quits the tour, 1993 fucks up reunion, 1995 fucks up reunion, 1998 almost fucks up tour. Cut the load! Replace him with a drum machine. The fact that he would float this out there for some leverage from the fans is a complete joke. Gee no Bill Ward, on no what are they going to do without  the old foot in the grave Nibby. Here's an idea, send some t-shirts to your buddy Joe and he can start a "Free Ward" campaign on his website. Fucking creepy Chester the Molester looking has been. TONY HAS CANCER! You fucking loser. Shut up and play before its too late.

sabbatology

• Praise Geezer !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Oh shut the fuck up Bill and be happy with whatever they give you. For fucksakes are you kidding me? This guy has been nothing but a pain the ass for the past thirty years. 1979 walks out of recording sessions, 1980 quits the tour, 1983 quits the tour, 1993 fucks up reunion, 1995 fucks up reunion, 1998 almost fucks up tour. Cut the load! Replace him with a drum machine. The fact that he would float this out there for some leverage from the fans is a complete joke. Gee no Bill Ward, on no what are they going to do without  the old foot in the grave Nibby. Here's an idea, send some t-shirts to your buddy Joe and he can start a "Free Ward" campaign on his website. Fucking creepy Chester the Molester looking has been. TONY HAS CANCER! You fucking loser. Shut up and play before its too late.

Lighten up, Francis.

artcinco

• Global Moderator
  • #word
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
Yoko Osbourne is calling Bill's “bluff.”

https://www.facebook.com/BlackSabbath/posts/10150536227599615

Lots of good comments.

Raddion

• View Profile
Bill Ward out of the Sabbath reunion?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
If they get that Mike Bordin guy again I'd just as soon get sent to Coventry with the Billster. I love them but I guarantee this album will suck, unless they are planning to use an 8 track tape machine, a simple drum kit and an 8 ball of Peruvian flake per session. It's kind of hard to fault Bill for wanting an equal share, even though he can't bang 'em like he used to. Tony's riffs and solos aren't that great either anymore, and Ozzy is walking around with an auto tune jammed permanently in his windpipe.  Why not just pay the guy?

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »
If they get that Mike Bordin guy again I'd just as soon get sent to Coventry with the Billster. I love them but I guarantee this album will suck, unless they are planning to use an 8 track tape machine, a simple drum kit and an 8 ball of Peruvian flake per session. It's kind of hard to fault Bill for wanting an equal share, even though he can't bang 'em like he used to. Tony's riffs and solos aren't that great either anymore, and Ozzy is walking around with an auto tune jammed permanently in his windpipe.  Why not just pay the guy?
How do you know what he's complaining about? Everyone just assumes that it's Sharon trying to fuck somebody out of a dollar and that's not always the case. Bill is a chronic complainer, both Geezer and Tony have said this many times. He and his lawyer have derailed reunion talks in the past over simple shit. One time he was demanding that his brother be put on the payroll so he could drive him from show to show because Bill doesn't like to fly. They love him, he's just a big pain in the arse. There's a reason why 1996 worked when all the others before didn't. Fuck him, I'm sure Nicko could fill in nicely.

Raddion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 07:26:31 AM »
How do you know what he's complaining about? Everyone just assumes that it's Sharon trying to fuck somebody out of a dollar and that's not always the case. Bill is a chronic complainer, both Geezer and Tony have said this many times. He and his lawyer have derailed reunion talks in the past over simple shit. One time he was demanding that his brother be put on the payroll so he could drive him from show to show because Bill doesn't like to fly. They love him, he's just a big pain in the arse. There's a reason why 1996 worked when all the others before didn't. Fuck him, I'm sure Nicko could fill in nicely.
.   Nicko is a far better alternative than Dreads Bordin. But I think we might ultimately abandon the whole project if Bill and Sharon can't come to a compromise on whatever is bugging him. He must manage himself, rather than pay an agent, and that can't be easy when negotiating with the Trump Empire of the rock world.

Raddion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 07:31:17 AM »
I meant to say "they" not "we" as Sharon blew me out of this thing when it was still in the talking stages.

BTW when she pops out her dentures... oh my!

metaljim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: BILL WARD FIRED FROM BLACK SABBATH BY SHARON OSBOURNE

http://metaltalk.net/news2012/2012585.php

HK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
Iommi has written nothing but shitty, slow, plodding riffs since Born Again.  This thing is destined for shittiness. It will have zero of the signature 70's Sabbath swing. It'll be Heaven and Hell with Ozzy's auto-tuned voice and his simplistic lyrics.   Ward is spent.  He's a non-factor either way.  If they un-fire him, he'll get his name on the album, but they'll use a drum machine or uncredited session drummer.   Geezer will be asked to put the tow truck in 2nd gear and plod along.  They'll go out on tour, add 2-3 new songs, and play the same boring setlist we've heard a million times.