Author Topic: Talk About A Good Run  (Read 1695 times)

Godless Fur Trapper

• View Profile
Talk About A Good Run
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

sabbatology

• Praise Geezer !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Talk About A Good Run
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »
WOW!  Didn't know anything about Malcolm's stroke.  Definitely the glue that held everything together in the band and understandable this would be a quit call.

Godless Fur Trapper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
They toured without him twenty+ years ago, but I don't think they're willing to take Stevie back and try to run it as if it were AC/DC.  Malcolm has always been the heart and soul of the band, the motor that makes it run. 

Glad the last album was a good one.  I was quite surprised at how much I liked Black Ice.  It was the best thing they'd done since Flick Of The Switch.

I saw them a shitload of times, but not once in the last twenty years or so.  I was going to make a point of it if they came around again.

Oh well, we'll always have tribute acts.  There's a bunch of them.

HK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:55:56 PM »
I lived when sonic dinosaurs stalked the earth and ripped arenas apart,

One by one they fall,

God-fucking-damnit.

Supernaut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »
although the talk now is Mal is taking a break and they still ,at this point, intend to record an album. but the tour is off. I too really dug the shit out of Black Ice, it was so good that I still grab that sucker every now again and throw it in the player and go "Oh ya this shit rocks"

I've seen the boys many many times, but like GFT, the last time I think was in '88 or maybe '91. The last time they rolled through here wanted to see them but Tix were high dollar, 150 bucks for the seats that require a Sherpa guide and a bottle of oxygen and you have to strap a light on your head so planes don't hit you. I'll keep the memories of the good ole concerts in my brain

Godless Fur Trapper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

Godless Fur Trapper

• View Profile